Men's Dark Navy Plaid Luxury Blend Viyella Shirt
Viyella flannel shirts have been a seasonal favorite for generations of Englishmen. “Viyella” refers to the patented blend of Merino wool and cotton and it is the oldest branded fabric in the world. When it debuted in 1893, Viyella fabric was an instant success for the original manufacturer, William Hollins & Co. of Matlock, Derbyshire. Established in 1784, the fabric prompted Hollins to depart from centuries as a yarn spinner and hosier to become manufacturers of both finished clothing and piece goods. The material debuted as “guaranteed unshrinkable fine wool flannel”. Viyella soon found its way into a wide array of men’s and women’s clothing, thus replacing more easily shrinkable materials, like challis. Currently produced with a blend of 20% Merino and 80% cotton, the wool and cotton fibers are carefully blended into a single yarn. The shirts are manufactured in Canada with durable twin-needle tailoring and attention to detail; the buttons are still hand-positioned so the logo always points up. Generous armholes, traditional cut, lengthy sleeves, and functional breast pocket maintain the original hunt heritage of the garment. “Warm when it's not and cool when it's hot” the all-natural Viyella material is a 125-year-old performance fabric.
- Sizes: Small through XX-Large (Limited tall sizes available)
- Classic Fit
- 93% Cotton and 7% Cashmere, blended directly into one yarn
- Machine-wash cold water with mild detergent, air dry hanging.
- Made in Canada
We offer a large collection of Men’s Viyella Shirts and Robes. For even more pieces, we encourage you to take some time to look through the full assortment of Men's Long-Sleeve Shirts at The Lanam Shop. Learn more about the history and craft involved in making the Classic Viyella Material and about the extra-long staple premium cotton used as part of the special blend.
- In Stock
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Calculated at Checkout
- 93% Cotton and 7% Cashmere
- Country of Origin:
- Complimentary embroidery available—3-7 day processing time.
- Refunds within 30 days of Delivery.
Shipping Policy Summary:
Free ground shipping to the United States over $100. Flat Rate Shipping: $7.95 under $100 to the USA, $40 to Canada (DDP), and $55 to all other locations (DAP). For International shipments only: DDP (Delivery Duties Paid; no additional taxes should be due on delivery) and DAP (Delivery at Place; additional taxes, duties, and fees may be due subject to local laws). We cannot determine in advance duties for countries we ship to on a DAP basis.
View Full Shipping Policy Here.
Return/Exchange Policy Summary:
- Clothing & Accessories: salable, unused merchandise accepted within 30 days with original tags attached & packaging. Some brands and materials excluded.
- Home & Tabletop: most items are considered special order and cannot be returned.
- Personalized Items: personalized, custom, engraved, and embroidered items cannot be returned.
View Full Returns Policy Here.