Vermeil Classic Plain Sterling Silver Belt Buckle
Featuring a classic plain front, this gold-plated sterling silver belt buckle is hand-crafted in the United Stated. 925 silver is generously plated with gold to create a shiny surface, sure to last. Add a custom monogram our set of initials at no additional cost (please allow one week).
Pronounced “Ver-MAY”, this French word is often misused to describe goods that have been electroplated with gold. The Federal Trade Commission defines vermeil as a sterling silver substrate (of at least 92.5% pure silver and some copper) that has been plated with 10K gold to a thickness of seven millionths of an inch. Our vermeil accessories are plated with 24K gold deposited to 100 millionths of an inch, making our vermeil plating 14 times thicker than the standard. Our 2.5-micron plating vs. the standard 0.175-micron plating means our accessories are sure to become family heirlooms, treasured for generations to come. Lastly, gold tarnishes far slower than silver, so little maintenance will be required.
Available in two loops sizes, the 1 1/8” loop size fits compression belt straps between 1” and 1 1/8” and the 1 3/8” loop fits belt straps between 1 3/16” and 1 3/8”. We offer a selection of alligator and lizard straps that are appropriately sized for this belt buckle.
- Loop Sizes: 1 1/8" or 1 3/8"
- Price includes engraving
- Sterling Silver (92.5% purity) with Gold Plate
- Buckle: 1 15/16” x 1 3/8”
- Strap: 1 1/8" or 1 3/8" recommended size (not included)
- Handmade in the United States
Shop our full selection of hand-crafted Men’s Sterling Silver and Gold Engravable Accessories. View our available selection of Men’s Sterling and Vermeil Belt Buckles and Compression Straps. Learn more about the art and techniques of silversmithing.
- Three to Four Weeks
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Calculated at Checkout
- The Lanam Shop
- Country of Origin:
- United States
- Engravings are complimentary. Please enter the engraving the EXACT way it should appear from left to right. Traditionally for monograms it is [first initial, last initial, middle initial]. Please note the example on the monogram options card.
Shipping Policy Summary:
Free Ground Shipping to the Contiguous United States. Flat Rate Shipping: $15 to AK & HI, $40 to Canada, $55 to All Other Locations.
View Full Shipping Policy Here.
Returns Policy Summary:
- Clothing & Accessories: salable, unused merchandise accepted within 30 days with original tags attached & packaging. Some brands and materials excluded.
- Home & Tabletop: most items are considered special order and cannot be returned.
- Personalized Items: personalized, custom, engraved, and embroidered items cannot be returned.
View Full Returns Policy Here.